Monday, February 05, 2007

Vow...at least for now :)

This just hit me last week while discussing a religious issue with a friend.
I was on the firm believe that all religious figures are nothing but normal human beings and that they sometimes make as stupid mistakes as anyone of us would, so I was trying to convey that message to my friend by unleashing an issue which he firmly believes in.

But it has been my lifestyle in general, I wanted to unleash and tell everyone what is wrong with their beliefs, as this was my mission :|, take for example; The high importance of Christ being crucified doesn't give you any added benefit and may not have happened all together, the wrong concept they have about Heaven and Hell, Mohammad marriage to 13 wives although in Koran the book he preaches the maximum was 4 under specific scenarios, the fact that their prayer should be done as meditation not as duty, Buddha's way of stressing that the only thing that matters is to be mindful which leaves little for imagination playfulness and the enjoyment of just sometimes be silly, the followers emphasis on "no God" and still they pray to Buddha's figure as he is a Super Duper Being..The Jews with them being the "Chosen ones" and much more about so many other beliefs that I looked at such as Osho, Sahaja Yoga, and other types of Yoga.

So my interest was to go to the Muslims and tell them they are wasting their times, go to the Buddhist and tell them they are living an artificial live style and so on...just take a look at my review of Life Of Buddha on my other blog and see what I mean http://maswad.blogspot.com/2007/02/life-of-buddha.html

Then I found that I am really not changing anyone's mind and people are not interested at all in listening to anything out of the box in terms of their beliefs.
I also realized that I am wasting so much energy on focusing on this exposing these wrong beliefs and the negative part associated with them...

This concept goes not only to religion studies but to everything in live.
I realized that we as society concentrate on negative things in life. Look at the news..Even for environmentalists and other groups, the concentration has been on fighting the negative side more than stressing on the positive side.

So my vow on this blog, on my other blog and perhaps in life in general is not to expose anyone anymore, but instead focus on the positive side of everything I study, read or participate in. I will make an attempt to see only the positive, the beauty, the humorous perhaps , joyful and ecstasy side of things. No more arguments, no more persuasions... This will perhaps will be a life time mission by itself :)

5 comments:

Dareen said...

Nice post....

religion and beliefs are important in everyone's life. I take religion as a spiritual thing. Something between me and God. No one else in between. I dont care to impose it, or convince anyone of it. I say how it makes me feel when I do a prayer if someone asked me why!!

I look at my life, and realize that God has given me allot. God has given me the emotional & mental & physical strength to achieve the things I want. & I want to connect with him daily to thank him. It gives me inner comfort.

Convincing people against what they believe in is difficult to do. Especially if they are the type of people who want to fear things in life to have a somewhat controlled life in the environment they live in. Fear of God which is imposed by religion is a prevantative tactic...it only accomplishes control. With some/most people, that is needed!!

However, again, I wish religion can be something that is kept internally between the individual & God. That goes for every religion out there :)

I have friends who are from different religions. & really, at the end of the day, we all get along. I believe that if someone truly is convinced 100% of their own beliefs, no matter what religion they are, they wont really feel the need to explain or impose their opinion. & infact, they will have an easier time respecting & accepting other points of views. But, if someone has doubts about their own beliefs, they might have the need to defend it & convince others of it.
Looking at religion in a spiritual way is definitely a liberating thing. to me atleast.

I might be right, I might be wrong, I might be naive. But, heck, I'm content with how I think & I don't care for anyone to think the way I do :)

Good luck with your new vow. I'm sure u wont have any problems. U seem to be an open minded & accepting person.

:)

Mounir said...

Thanks Dareen, you are for sure open minded too.

Little background from my side, I think that our most important thing is to connect with the divine now while we are living and before death.

God or Allah, is One and there is never before or after him. This means we are one and part of him, and our different consciousness is an illusion. Our target is to find this oneness and melt with it.

This is the real meaning of Yoga. Yog in sanskrit means Union, to be united with the divine.

Also, In Koran it is Samad. In Sanskrit it is Samhadi.. although in arabic the soura (A7ad) has not been translated or encrypted properly yet.

There is 2 ways to archive that based on my research, for simplicity sake first called the Buddhist way, it s when everything around you vanishes and you find that there has never been anyone but you. This can be archived thru concentrating the mind on simple things like the breathing...(check the Life Of Buddha on the other blog)

The second one, is Sufi Muslim way, is when you melt with the divine. This can be achieved also on concentration but also there is a certain love of god, a certain melting request.

Just opposite but the result is
the same.

Having said that, I was also frustrated to see that 99% of all people just can't get it...instead they are stuck at traditions and duty to get to heaven or Nirvana..etc thus I was trying to clear the issues that are really not relevant to them and sometimes purely wrong in my opinion.

So for now, I will bring the Positive things again for whoever want to know,at same time without saying what they shouldn't do this or that... do u know what i mean?

Dareen said...

:) I know what you mean.

Kteer cool. bes, the unfortunate part is, il3alam tkhaf ou mabaddi tisma3 anything different from what they know & blindly believe.

turtlecurls said...

First time visiting here... (I came from Lirun's site to see if I could get the video working from here.)

Quite an insight!!!!! Life changing and invaluable. Few people have the ability to have insights like this one, ... and then to admit it to others, I'm impressed.

Personally I think if you take the strengths of all the religions and put them together, you've have something great. If any one of the religion truly had all the answers than the people of that religion would be the envy of us all.

I'm jewish and proud of it. And I agree with of all the weaknesses you described of all the religions. But beating people over the head about them, doesn't earn their respect and openness to one's own ideas. -- And those ideas are really the way to introduce change.

I think I can learn a little from you here, so I'll keep it in mind.

Peace & wellness,
Cheri

Mounir said...

I agree with all you said Cheri, welcome I m glad to know you...love and peace to you and all your people..
Mone